Cool and refreshing and anything but boring.
Serves 6 TO PRINT
250 ml water
150 g caster sugar
5 g glucose syrup
100 ml yuzu juice
Zest on 1 fresh yuzu (optional)
To make the yuzu sorbet
1. Add the cold water to a pan with the glucose and sugar.
2. Heat, stirring constantly with a hand whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Stop mixing and bring to the boil.
3. Remove from the heat, pour in the yuzu juice and zest.
4. Transfer to a plastic bowl, cover with cling film and allow to cool.
5. Once cool transfer to an ice cream maker and churn for 45 minutes until frozen.
6. Alternatively, pour the mixture into a strong plastic container and put in the freezer. After 1 hour 30 minutes it should have frozen round the edges. Take it out and beat vigorously with a fork, electric whisk or in a food processor until you have a uniformly textured mixture. Return it to the freezer and repeat at least twice more every 1 hour 30 minutes, then freeze for at least another hour.
Serve in parfait glasses with fresh raspberries or for a special treat cut the top off a fresh yuzu and scoop out the flesh. Fill the yuzu shell with the sorbet, pop the top back on and freeze.